The Aberdeen Highland Games are an integral part of the Grampian Games circuit and are delivered under the auspices of the Scottish Highland Games Association.
Date, Opening Times, Location
The 2016 Highland Games will take place on Sunday 19 June 2016, 10.00am - 5.30pm at Hazlehead Park Aberdeen.
Highland Games Leaflet and Programme
- Download available here in 2016.
- Entrants to the Piping, Highland Dancing, Light & Heavy Events and Athletics competitions - information will be here early 2016.
Events and activities
There will be many stalls, events, family entertainment and displays at the 2016 Games including:
- Heavy events
- Solo piping
- Pipe band competition
- Track and field events
- Highland dancing
- Scottish tug-o-war championship 725kg
Family Friendly Activities
- Watch this space for 2016 programme!
- Participating in Events at The Games
- There are many events taking places at the Games, from Caber Tossing, to Highland Dancing, to Piping. A comprehensive list of all the events and the entry requirements for competitors will be detailed in the Competitors Programme 2016, which will be published here once available.
Heavy Events, Track & Field and Tug-o-war
Entries are made via the Scottish Highland Games Association. Visit their website for full details and registration form.
Dancing & Piping Competitions
Entry forms will be available here from early 2016
Buying tickets in advance online
Save time by purchasing your tickets online before Sunday and go straight to the front of the queue when you arrive.
Look out for discount codes on our City Events Facebook Page, leaflet, Press & Journal adverts and Aberdeen's Highland Games Supplement on Thursday 16 June 2016.
Ticket Prices on the day:
Will be published here in early 2016
Refreshments at the Games
- Food and drink will be available to purchase
- Beer tent (over 18's only)
There is free car parking at the Highland Games. In addition, the Number 11 Bus, operated by First Group, and Number X17 Bus, operated by Stagecoach, both pass near Hazlehead Park. Please see the relevant web page for bus times.
If you are planning on staying in Aberdeen whilst the Games take place, please visit the Aberdeen City and Shire Hotel Association where you will be able to locate accommodation to meet your requirements.
Trade & Charity Stalls
Trade Stalls will be selling food, gifts, arts and crafts and clothing. Local charities will also be present to update you on their work and offer you the chance to participate in their various fundraising activities.
(NB - applications for catering stands are not accepted - to tender for any catering, please register on the Public Contracts website - www.publiccontractsscotland.co.uk)
Applications for Charity and Trade Stands for the 2016 Highland Games will be published later in the year.
Get in touch
Should you require any further information regarding the Highland Games, please contact City Events or phone on 01224 522998